Digital Fashion Pro Academic Fashion Design Software For Fashion Classes
– For FCS, CTE, STEM, ART, Computer Applications
– Request An Academic Quote Today For Your Classroom / School – Details Below
Many of our Fashion Design Software customers are from the academic sector. Digital Fashion Pro Academic is taught and used in Fashion Design Classes under Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS), Career and Technical Education (CTE), Computer Applications, Technology and Art Categories on the high school and college level. We have a special academic package just for schools set up that we feel will give your students the best design experience with Digital Fashion Pro. It will give them everything they need to develop or enhance their passion for fashion design. Whether your students want to further their careers in design or design as a hobby – Digital Fashion Pro gives them the skills they need. Digital Fashion Pro is the design choice you need to keep your students interested and engaged in this technical era.
Digital Fashion Pro also fits perfectly into STEM programs falling under the technology curriculum. STEM is becoming an increasing focus among our nation’s high school classes. The push to have US Students engage with more technology is very important and we are happy that we can aid in this area with Digital Fashion Pro. * The US Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics States: “Fashion designers use technology to design. They must be able to use computer-aided design (CAD) programs and be familiar with graphics editing software,” as one of the things necessary to be a fashion designer today.
Fashion design is very popular today and Digital Fashion Pro is just the tool your school needs to teach students fashion design in a fun and hip way while also giving them a valuable educational experience. Digital Fashion Pro is now taught in over 300 schools worldwide so you can trust it to deliver! Program is perfect for fashion design classes in the Family and Consumer Sciences FCS / Career and Technical Education CTE Curriculum.
Why Digital Fashion Pro Is Perfect For High School Students As Well
Digital Fashion Pro is perfect for use in high school classrooms and for students who are total beginners because of a few reasons:
1 It is Easy to Use even for beginners – especially with the teacher providing instruction
2 Students to do not have to worry about whether they have natural drawing ability because you do not have to know how to draw to be great with the program
3 It gives students real world experience with working a graphics program + and learning the skill of fashion design
4 With all of the customizable templates students will definitely be able to hone their interest to a certain apparel market if they choose. You have Menswear, Women’s Wear, Kids Apparel, Handbags and Shoes
5 Students may decide to pursue fashion as a career based on what they learn from using Digital Fashion Pro
* It is also easy for teachers to use even for teachers that do have not traditionally worked with fashion design software because of the on-board training. The training that comes on the Digital Fashion Pro USB, Clothing Templates, Digital Fabrics and model make it super easy for anyone to learn and master Digital Fashion Pro. Once the teacher goes over the training they will be able to teach Digital Fashion Pro to students.
“Students at Neshaminy High School in Langhorne Pennsylvania are just starting to explore and use the Digital Fashion Pro software and are having a blast. They love it! Every day someone discovers something new and shares it with their classmates. It is a joy as a teacher to see students so having fun, learning, and so engaged.”
– Kelly Macauley – F.C.S. Department Chair & Lead Teacher
Digital Fashion Pro Academic Pricing / Package
The Digital Fashion Pro Academic Package consist of:
1. Digital Fashion Pro V8 Basic
2. Beyond the Basics – Advance Fashion Design Training
3. Digital Fabric Library – Over 1,000 digital fabrics to use in your designs
4. Shoes and Accessories Library
5. Denim Wash Factory – Design great looking denim sketches
6. Style Pack 1 Clothing Templates
7. Storyboard Creator
All Delivered on Digital Fashion Pro USB Drive. Works with Windows & Mac Computers.
With This Package Students Will Have Access To:
- The ability to design Men, Women, Baby and Kid clothing, design shoes and handbags
- You will learn how to make technical sketches with Beyond the Basics
- Over 1,000 Digital Fabrics to use in your designs
- Create special denim wash and treatment effects with Denim Wash Factory
Students will be able to design and work with:
1. Basic Tops, Pants, Shorts, Leggings
2. Hangtags, Pockets, Zippers, Buttons
3. Outerwear, Coats, Jackets, Sportswear, Suits
4. Dresses and Skirts
5. Trendy Tops
7. Baby and Kid Clothing
8. Shoes: Sneakers, Heels, Boots, Flip Flops & more.
9. Hats & Scarves
13. Storyboard Backgrounds
On Sale for $499 per computer / license. Academic Discounts range from 10 to 30% off sale price depending on quantity ordered. Note: Each computer will need its own license.
* Also note that all pricing is out the door pricing. There are No Annual Fees. Once you buy our system – it is yours for life! Plus you don’t have to be connected to the internet to use it.
You can buy it here using a credit card. We also Accept Purchase Orders – please use quote form below on this page to request a Digital Fashion Pro Academic Quote. We do offer volume discounts.
Also note that the CTE Fashion Design Lesson Plan is sold separately and must be ordered to match the exact number of licenses as Digital Fashion Pro Academic licenses. Prices for this Fashion Design Lesson Plan range from $150 to free depending on the amount of Digital Fashion Pro Academic Licenses ordered. Keep in mind that this lesson plan pack is not just lesson plans but it includes additional software and resources. CTE Fashion Design Lesson Plan Pack is free with Digital Fashion Pro Academic orders of 25 licenses or more.
Also you can call us for more details 888-435-9234. However, please fill out quote from below for an official quote. Note: Volume discount is only applies to the Digital Fashion Pro Academic Version. Any other package is the same price x number of computers / licenses regardless to quantity ordered. You can also fax your order to us at 248-281-0373. To mail in your order see our address on our Contact Page or refer to your quote.
Request an Academic Quote
For a quote on Digital Fashion Pro for your school – use the form below.
FCS / CTE Fashion Teacher Training
* Fashion teachers love Digital Fashion Pro Academic because it comes with training so that they can learn the program quickly and begin utilizing it with career and technical education students. Additional training is available should a teacher decide that they want a little extra help. Contact us for pricing.
CTE / FCS Fashion Designer Lesson Plan – Free With Orders of 20 Or More DFP Academic Licenses
We also offer an optional add-on to Digital Fashion Pro Academic – The 8 Week CTE / FCS Fashion Designer Lesson Plan Package. This fabulous lesson plan package will really keep student engaged in the learning process. This item also teaches kids about Business and Entrepreneurship Which Are Also Core Principles of Many CTE Programs.
It has been a pleasure here at Harper Arrington Publishing to work with so many schools through our fashion design software called Digital Fashion Pro. Digital Fashion Pro Academic is used in over 300 high school and post-secondary education programs. It has been a near perfect learning tool for Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) fashion classes. It has allowed students to create their own professional fashion sketches right their computers.
Students love that they can design their own t-shirts, jeans, dresses, coats, shoes, handbags and more. The program helps students evolve in the world of fashion as fashion is one of the hottest industries among teens. Through use of Digital Fashion Pro Software also keeps youth engaged and focused. It is truly a remarkable education piece that is also used by beginners, fashion designers and clothing lines around the world.
In 2014 we introduced our Careers and Technical Education CTE Lesson Plan Pack for K12 fashion design classes to further aid fashion design teachers with the ability to do even more with their students in terms of creating real world fashion. The K12 CTE Lesson Plan has been a huge success as we are hearing from many of our fashion design teacher clients and school districts. I think it has been successful with students because it makes their time in the class truly exciting in many ways while also teaching them real world skills. Fashion students are learning team building and team work as they work in the lesson plan to create their own mock clothing lines.
The fashion class is divided into group where each group then forms their own clothing. The K12 CTE Fashion Design Lesson Plan and Digital Fashion Pro Academic fashion design software has truly made an impact on all of our high school fashion classes that has invested in the package.
What is included in our K-12 CTE / FCS 8 Week Fashion Designer Lesson Plan / Fashion Business Package
Optional Add-On For Your Apparel Design Classes.
Special Offer: Free With Orders of 20 Licenses or More of Digital Fashion Pro Academic!
Features & Products Included in this Package:
- 8 Week Lesson Plan for CTE / FCS / Fashion & Apparel Design Classes for K-12 Students (Great for 9th – 12th Grade classes)
- Fashion Business Center Software which features Spec Sheets Templates, Line Sheet Templates and more ($149 value)
- Mega Vector Art Pack – Over 200 Vector Art Files that Students can use in their designs. ($282 Value)
- 1 Free Copy of Our Title: The Official Step By Step Guide to Starting A Clothing Line Book. ($125 Value)
Special Discount Pricing For Schools: Request a quote above. This package is only available to schools for classroom use. Note: Digital Fashion Pro Academic is sold separate. Prices are based on number of licenses needed but this package can also be obtained for Free with orders of 20 licenses or more of Digital Fashion Pro Academic! This is a special promotion we are running this month only!
Objectives of the Harper Arrington K-12 CTE / FCS Fashion Lesson Plan
- This lesson plan was created to help schools using Digital Fashion Pro Academic quickly implement the software into lessons and activities for students
- It was designed to help teachers come up with fun / informative lessons that really engage their students
- It will help students grow their team building skills and efficiency with how to work in a group environment to achieve common goals
- The lesson breaks the classroom up into teams of 3 to 5 people; each team will create their own mini-fashion line
- While creating the line – students will perform many common duties that a typical professional fashion designer would engage in on the daily basis
- Students will design clothing sketches, technical sketches, measure clothing, create spec sheets, tech packs and more
- Plus many more fun and educational experiences along the way as your students work their way through the escalating lessons
- With this lesson plan schools can really take their apparel design classes to new heights and your students will love it!
Digital Fashion Pro Academic and our CTE K-12 Lesson Plan work together with the overall mission to aid the goals of Career and Technical Education (CTE) which are to empower students to be successful citizens, workers, and leaders in a global economy. Digital Fashion Pro Academic and our CTE K-12 Lesson Plan are designed to contribute to the broad educational achievement of students, including basic skills, as well as their ability to work independently and as part of a team, think creatively and solve problems, and utilize technology in the thinking and problem-solving process.
$150 Per Computer / Quantity Discounts / Free With Orders of 20 or More Digital Fashion Pro Academic License Purchases
For quantities greater than 4 computers – please fill out Academic Quote form below. If you want to submit a purchase order for Digital Fashion Pro Academic and The CTE Fashion Design Lesson Plan – also fill out the quote for below.
To use Digital Fashion Pro Clothing Design Software you need any Windows System (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 ) with at least 2 GB Ram and 8 free GB of hard disk space. If you have an Apple computer – Mac OS 10.7 or Higher is Needed. Note: Windows PC users get CD Install and Mac Users get USB Flash Drive Install that will contain Basic + Upgrades.
* Help fellow family and consumer sciences teachers locate this fashion design resource by linking to this page from your teacher page or website. We would greatly appreciate it.